We are a learning DAO exploring the impact of crypto on culture and society. Our mission is to build liberal arts education for crypto. We're a group of technologists, creators, community builders, educators, and lifelong learners.
A publication hosted on Mirror to share the key takeaways from CCS workshops, key announcements and other writing.
Translations: Workshop Takeaways
Read our recent posts
- We’re All Marxists Now: The Paradoxes of Self-Sovereignty Mar 25, 2022 David Phelps, lead investor at Cowfund, co-creator of ecodao and jokedao, and writer of Three Quarks, came to Crypto, Culture, & Society to talk about what Marx can teach us about web3.
- Let’s DAO It: Co-ops, DAOs, and the Way Forward for Collectives Mar 11, 2022 Austin Robey, founder at Metalabel, Ampled, and Unnamed Fund, joined Crypto, Culture, & Society to talk about both the opportunities and challenges inherent to building better collectively-owned-and-operated organizations.
- Solarpunk! Reimagining Public Goods in the Age of Ethereum Mar 3, 2022 Scott Moore, co-founder of Gitcoin, and Alisha.eth, head of community at ENS, came to Crypto, Culture, & Society recently to discuss public goods, community participation, and the tools we need to build the future we want to inhabit.
- Promoting the Pluriverse Feb 21, 2022 The recently released Pluriverse Artifact prompts us to consider the role language as a technology plays in the health of our digital spaces. It presents us with an opportunity to intentionally co-design the future of the web. This reflection is a collaboration between Gitcoin, Verses, and Crypto, Culture, & Society.
- Decentralized Media Jan 14, 2022 Jarrod Dicker and Gaby Goldberg, investors at The Chernin Group came to speak with Crypto, Culture and Society about Decentralized Media.
- Art3: A Crypto Exploration Jan 4, 2022 Artist and designer Bhoka came to speak to Crypto, Culture and Society about “Art3”, her frame for the intersection of art and crypto.
- Identity & Inclusion in Web3 Dec 28, 2021 Jackson Dame, community & education at Rainbow, talks to CCS about identity and inclusion in web3.
- Work and Income on the Internet Dec 15, 2021 Variant Fund cofounder Li Jin on labor and work on the Internet.
- Playing the Great Online Game Dec 7, 2021 Not Boring writer, investor and thinker Packy McCormick spoke about curiosity, creativity and how best to play the Great Online Game.
- Culture in Progress: Building On-Chain Social Capital Dec 2, 2021 Recap of a session by web3 polymath Ameer Carter, aka Sirsu, to explore how social capital operates.
- Reggie James on Expanding Our Cultural Reference Points Nov 22, 2021 Writer, designer and Eternal founder Reggie James spoke to us about the importance of web3 expanding its cultural reference points.
- How Crypto Is Shaping the Digital Revolution Oct 11, 2021 Mario Laul explores the relationship between crypto and Digital Revolution.
A curated started pack for those new to the concept of public goods and want to learn about public goods definition, history, opportunities and more.
A curated guide for those who are new to crypto. Learn the basics of web3 and the parts that make it up like DAOs, NFTs and DeFi.
A comprehensive guide on how to use Discord more effectively and help you be more productive, focused and connected with your communities.
Launching Mar 2022
A curation project to raise the standard of effective curation by leveraging experts in instructional design and knowledge mapping.